The EA4HP has a well-connected network of European and global affiliated societies with goals similar to the EA4HP. Together, these societies form a global network with a shared aim to increase and disseminate knowledge on haematopathology.
Society for Hematopathology (SH)
The Society for Hematopathology (SH) was founded in September 1981 as a Companion Society of what was then the United States and Canadian Division of the International Academy of Pathology (IAP), subsequently incorporated in 1986 as the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP). Co-founded by Costan W. Berard and Ronald F. Dorfman, Berard was the first President, serving from 1982 to 1984.
The success of the Society of Hematopathology led European colleagues to expand the activities of the “European Lymphoma Club” and form the European Association for Haematopathology (EAHP).
European Society of Pathology (ESP)
The European Society of Pathology is the leading force in European pathology. The primary aim of ESP is to promote:
- High quality diagnostic practice
- Applied and translational research
- Under- and postgraduate education in the field of human pathology.
This is achieved through our congresses, our journal Virchows Archiv, and our European School of Pathology, which organises a variety of postgraduate courses and quality assurance projects in diagnostic molecular pathology. The ESP also interacts with national pathology societies in Europe and has developed close collaboration with UEMS and EAPCP .
European Bone Marrow Working Group (EBMWG)
he European Bone Marrow Working Group is a working group within the European Association of Haematopathology. The purpose of the group is to promote the advancement of bone marrow haematopathology.
- Stimulation of interest for investigation and research
- Improvement of technology and methodology
- Exchange of ideas and dissemination of knowledge worldwide
- Cooperation with allied societies, associations or scientific groups
- Organization of scientific meetings, workshops, tutorials, seminars
- Integration of morphological and functional data from allied sciences
Latin American Society of Hematopathology (SOLAHP)
The Latin American Society of Hematopathology is a non-profit association that studies diseases of the hematopoietic and lymphoid systems and promotes the dissemination of knowledge related to the diagnosis and treatment of these diseases.
We want to be the reference organization in which Latin American hematopathologists gather to promote the development of hematopathology in Latin America for the benefit of all patients.
We stimulate and promote interest, research, exchange and dissemination of knowledge related to hematopathology, establishing ties between Latin America and the rest of the world for scientific cooperation purposes.
European Hematology Association (EHA)
The European Hematology Association (EHA) promotes excellence in patient care, research, and education in hematology.
- Connecting hematologists worldwide
- Advocating the interes of hematologists and hematology
- Supporting career development and research
- Harmonizing hematology education
Nederlandse Vereniging voor Hematopathologie Vereniging (NVHP)
In the spring of 2017, the Dutch Association for HematoPathology (NVHP) was established during a meeting about the diagnostic challenges posed by the new WHO classification of lymphomas.
- Promoting optimal diagnostics of patients with haematological disorders
with the aim to achieve national coordination
- Knowledge and information transfer of relevant developments in
- Promoting collaboration in scientific research in the field of hematopathology
- Co-developing national guidelines
- Point of contact regarding hematopathology for national and